December 30

2NL Pre flop play
Posted on December 30th, 2011 at 6:57 PM by admin



DafaPoker - The Best Online Poker Room & Sports

Free signing up. (200% up to $1500 Bonus)

Join #1 Online Poker Room | Dafapoker
Dafapoker offers the best online poker tournaments where you can join different online poker rooms. Take advantage of the online poker game downloads and win big prizes and bonuses. 
Coupon Code : DZPKCOM

Download NO.1 Online Poker Room | Dafapoker
www.dafabet.com



Dafabet Casino - The Best Online Casino

Free signing up.

Join #1 Online Casino
Dafabet Casino is Leading Online Casino Game Room. Download casino software to play blackjack, baccarat, roulette and slots to earn casino prizes and casino bonuses.
Coupon Code : DAFACDD

Download NO.1 Online Casino | Dafabet Casino
Whether you are looking to play blackjack, baccarat, roulette, card games, or video slots online, Dafabet Casino offers you the best online casino gaming experience – all from the comfort of your own home. Download Dafabet’s online casino software now and be eligible for all the amazing casino bonuses and prizes that have made Dafabet Casino as leading online casino!

(The game does not support area & IP: Hong Kong, Macau, United States, Israel, United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Ireland, Cyprus, Turkey, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Philippines)


it was so easy to make money , just play better than others palyer.




Hey guys,

Ive been playin alot of full ring 2NL on stars recently and ive noticed my preflop play slipping a bit and as result my post flop decisions are getting tougher. Can you give me advice on what hands to open raise, 3bet, limp behind and call a raise with.

Thanks

|||I don’t know about that but I’ve been testing something on 6max and it seems to be working wonders, I 3bet so much and they start playing back with crap(some don’t so it’s like printing money), if you put enough pressure they start misadjusting and shoving with stuff like 77/KQ against you.

This should work fine for FR imo.
UTG : 22+ AQ+
MP: AJs+ KQs+ 22+
And co and button I just raise and 3bet like a "maniac"

|||Quote:Originally Posted by zerekethI don’t know about that but I’ve been testing something on 6max and it seems to be working wonders, I 3bet so much and they start playing back with crap(some don’t so it’s like printing money), if you put enough pressure they start misadjusting and shoving with stuff like 77/KQ against you.

This should work fine for FR imo.
UTG : 22+ AQ+
MP: AJs+ KQs+ 22+
And co and button I just raise and 3bet like a "maniac"raising pocket pairs smaller than say 77 or 88 UTG in FR might be a bit too loose? you will be flopping overcards way too often for you to be able to play profitably without reads postflop i feel.

Not for the inexperienced…

|||Quote:Originally Posted by 2nl_donkraising pocket pairs smaller than say 77 or 88 UTG in FR might be a bit too loose? you will be flopping overcards way too often for you to be able to play profitably without reads postflop i feel.

Not for the inexperienced…True, but they fold so much it’s unbelievable and if they don’t you stack them one of them has to be true right?
Anyways might be wrong I’m not that much of a FR fan too nitty for my taste.

|||Quote:Originally Posted by Dannystu12Hey guys,

Ive been playin alot of full ring 2NL on stars recently and ive noticed my preflop play slipping a bit and as result my post flop decisions are getting tougher. Can you give me advice on what hands to open raise, 3bet, limp behind and call a raise with.

ThanksFirst of all, don’t limp behind or open limp. It’s almost never the right play.

The rest of your question is hugely situational and depends on position, table conditions and your reads. So there is not an easy answer. There are many good charts and guides that will give you a general set of hands to open in different positions but you still have to adjust for your game and table conditions.

The ranges Zereketh shows may be fine for an experienced player with great postflop skills, but are probably too loose for your situation and especially playing FR. I would play FR much tighter from EP and MP, you can loosen up quite a bit from LP. IMO your postflop decisions are getting tougher, as you say, because you are probably playing OOP too much with marginal hands. The easy answer is of course to play IP more and only open very strong hands from early to middle position. I usually open only about a 3-6% range in those positions.

|||What you propose is full ring suicide. I really think there’s only one way to consistently beat 2NL, and that’s with insane discipline. You don’t beat 2NL players by being better than them, you beat them by being more solid. If you’re patient, they’ll just give you their money. Hell, that’s true all the way up through 10NL (maybe 25NL we’ll see). Just play tight. Bet your made hands aggressively and give up when you don’t have it. you’ll win. I promise.


Leave a Reply